THE CIVIL PRIVILEGES MOVEMENT
THE IMPACT OF WORLD WAR II
• Dark-colored American troops had conducted Fascism during WWII • Increased their very own desire for flexibility, especially the southern african american. • While resistance took the shape of beatings, shootings, refusal of credit rating and jobs. • The Committee of Civil Privileges was create by President Truman resort 1947 and a program of reforms was devised.
• Dark Americans relocated to the urban centers and cities from agricultural. • Kids attended all-blacks and generally inferior educational institutions. • Not allowed to go to the movies, hotels, restaurants, swimming pools and parks seen by whites. • The southern area of blacks are not allowed to have your vote and had been routinely bothered by the regulation. • Blacks were typically street cleansing agents, garbage collectors, restroom family and friends, or home-based servants.
THE ACTUAL WERE PREVENTING FOR
• To end discrimination.
• Discrimination still evident in the Southern region.
• The right to travel in which and when they will wanted.
• To share ingesting fountains. Share facilities with white residents. • Get pleasure from parks and swimming pools with while residents.
• To be resolved by their brand and name.
• To get served by a lunch time counter.
• To have of the same quality of an education as light children.
TO CHANGE ATTITUDES:
• These were fighting to modify the actions and perceptions of white colored racists. • After staying attacked throughout a lunch table sit-in in Jackson, Mississippi a young black student published, " following your sit-in, most I could think about was how sick Mississippi white had been. They thought so much inside the segregated the southern area of way of life, they can kill to preserve it.
KU KLUX KLAN:
• The Ku Klux Klan was a white racist organisation that had developed after the Civil War. • They aimed to maintain white supremacy through intimidation and violence. • They terrorised the to the south where lynching (hanging) remained until the 60s.
TO VOTE WITH OUT INTIMIDATION:
• They were fighting so that dark citizens were...